The largest independent moving company in California is seeking a Senior Accountant to be responsible for the company’s financial procedures, records and statements for compliance with laws and regulations. Meathead Movers’ Senior Accountants have the following responsibilities:
- Prepare tax returns (individual and closely-held business)
- Tax planning and related projects
- Loan reallocations
- Prepare financial statements and month end close
- Intercompany reconciliations
- Preparation of special financial reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing account information and trends
- Maintains documentation and substantiation of financial transactions
- Maintains accounting controls by preparing and recommending policies and procedures
A Senior Accountant’s role in providing tax services may include:
- Prepare adjusting journal entries
- Monthly closings and preparation of monthly financial statements
- Reconcile and maintain balance sheet accounts
- Prepare tax computations and tax returns
- Research tax laws, rules, regulations and analyze their application to specific situations
- Support select projects; demonstrating creative thinking and individual initiative while working as a team member, building solid relationships with team members
- Proactively seek guidance, clarification, and feedback
Perks of the Job
- Our Accounting Department works in a fun, collaborative space inside Meathead Wine Storage.
- Enjoy complimentary snacks and coffee, while you work closely with your Accounting peers to accomplish the daily tasks.
- With our rapidly growing company, there is a strong upward growth potential for all of the Accounting team. Upper Management works closely with employees to reach their goals, so get your foot in the door now!
- Full benefits package including health, PTO, 401k with company matching
$65,000-$75,000 annually, based on experience
If you would like to apply for this position, please complete the application form by clicking on the “Apply Now” link above. No phone calls please.
Meathead Movers is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, age, marital status, veteran status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, medical condition, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status. By completing this application, you are seeking to join a team of hardworking professionals dedicated to consistently delivering outstanding service to our customers and contributing to the financial success of the company, its clients, and its employees. Equal access to programs, services and employment is available to all qualified persons. Those applicants requiring accommodation to complete the application and/or interview process should contact a management representative.